To install Drupal, you can follow these steps:
- Download the Drupal installation from the official web site of Drupal.
- After downloading the archive with installation, you can upload it to your web hosting.
You can unzip the archive and the upload the files or you can upload the archive and then use File Manager from your Control panel (cPanel), to extract the files.
- Create a MySQL database for Drupal. This happens through the MySQL section of the hosting control panel.
Make an additional MySQL user for Drupal. View all privileges to create a MySQL user.
- If the PHP setting register_globals is enabled, you must disable it for the folder where you unzipped Drupal.
- Dupal requires to create a copy of the file default.settings.php named settings.php. The default.settings.php file is located in the folder sites/default/. You can create a copy of this file from the file manager of your hosting control panel or via FTP.
- Open in your browser the path in which Drupal files are extracted. You’ll see the home page of the Drupal installer.
Enter the following data:
Database name: MySQL database that you created for Drupal
Database name: MySQL username that you created for Drupal
Database password: the password that you set for your MySQL user
Under “Advanced options” you should select:
Database Host: localhost
Database port: Leave blank
Table prefix: Leave this field blank if you don’t create more than one Drupal installation in the same MySQL database
Click the button Save and continue
Drupal database configuration
- In this step you need to enter the site name and site e-mail address. The name may be associated with the content of your site, your company name or your domain.
Create an administrative account by entering a username and e-mail address, which will administer Drupal. Choose a password for the administrative account (Password and Confirm password).
Select the appropriate time zone for the site. You have an option to enable Clean URLs, as we maintain this. You can mark the check for automatically updates options, to receive notifications when new updates come out for Drupal.
In the end click the save and continue button.
Important: Keep track of the original site for updates on the security of your installed version of Dupal.
If however the procedure for installation of Drupal is difficult for you , you can use either of the two installer scripts from the control panel – Fantastico or Softaculous to install Drupal with 1-click.