- In order to secure your Joomla installation's PHP settings using FTP, you need to log in to the server first through FTP.
- On the remote server you should open the htdocs and select the directory where Joomla is installed in Joomla Hosting.
- Scroll down to locate the htaccess.txt file. Right click on this file and choose the edit option. You need to enter the code when prompted.
- This code will prevent the errors and it will also offer protection against the hackers.
- Then you need to go to the htaccess.txt file and click on the rename button so that Joomla can use the settings that you did.
QHoster offers fast and secure Joomla optimized hosting