To prevent new user registration in Joomla, here are the steps given:
- First, login to your Joomla hosting admin panel.
- Select the Users menu option.
- Now down to User Manager and click.
- Now let’s scroll right.
- Next click on the Options button. Here you can change settings relating to user registrations.
- Click No for the New User Registration field.
- Select the New User Registration Group dropdown list and select a user group as the default registered user group.
- Leave the registration group as Registered.
- With the New User Account Activation Set as Self, users will receive an activation email to complete their registration process.
- You can optionally choose to be notified by changing the Notification mail to Administrations to yes.
- After choosing all of the user registration settings, click the Save and Close button.
QHoster offers fast and secure Joomla optimized hosting