How to manage DNS zones in WHM?
WHM contain a number of tools that allow you to manage your zone files. They are in the DNS Functions category of the menu.
- Lets start by adding a New DNS Zone.
- Enter an IP address to use for the domain name.
- Finish by choosing which account should own the new domain name. You can also assign the domain to the system, if it shouldn’t belong to any user.
- Scroll down, click Add Zone to save.The new DNS zone will be created successfully using the standard zone template.
- Now click edit DNS zone, select it from the list.
- Hit the edit button. Add to nameserver hosts.
- Specify a TTL in seconds. The default is 14400, or for hours, but we have changed our default to half the value.
- Remember – hosts should be A records.
- Finish by entering an IP for this record.Now repeat for a second nameserver host.
- Click the checkbox if you want the local mailserver to accept mail for this domain even if the primary MX record you indicated does not point to this server.