How to set your WHM server to use a remote MySQL server?
If your users will be running database-heavy applications, or if you have many servers, perhaps you’d like to consolidate your MySQL databases all onto one server. In order to do that you will need to instruct cPanel/WHM to use a remote MySQL server.
- Go to the SQL Services menu.
- Proceed to Setup Remote MySQL server.
- Let’s change that Start with the server’s hostname or IP.
- Ensure that the remote SSH port is correct.
- Scroll down. You will find Authenticaton information. Click the button next to Root.
- Change authentication method to Password. Enter the Root Password for the server. When finished here, click Setup.
- Return to the page setup, enter localhost for the server address.
- Skip all the rest of the settings and click Setup.